Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

So if your daughter went to the 3oth best team for more cash and the academic major of her choice that's GREAT, but history shows she probably wont be competeing for the national crown

Speaking of competing for a National Crown. Let's say Syracuse wins, does all 54 of those girls on the team get a championship ring?
What would be better, playing on a National Championship Syracuse team and being on the bottom part of the roster, or going to a mid-level but competitive in their conference Div. 1 school?

At the end it is all about your education and the experience right?

(These are all serious questions, and I love watching Syracuse play, so I am not bashing them or any of their players, who all contribute in one way or another).

It's not really an answerable question. It depends on the kid and what makes them tick and what they want out of the experience. I've had kids go through both situations, and in my opinion, each was right for them. I've had a child choose a D3 program over some D1 situations where the playing time and the college experience wasn't going to be what they wanted. I've had another one "stretch" to a program in a different sport and test themselves at that level and enjoy the pursuit. That kid has had mixed results athletically, is getting a great education and wouldn't trade playing with and against the best for a situation where they could walk in and start from day 1. Different strokes for different folks. Everyone always seems to have "THE" answer on this stuff. There isn't one right one.