Originally Posted by Anonymous
Duke does lose out on some kids because they still make you go through the admissions process. If you are not a 95 plus student with a 1300 SAT you are risking being denied. Coach says she is pretty sure you will get in if your SAT is close and you maintain your 92 GPA. The problem is it is a risk to take, if you don't get in you may have left a lot of scholarship money on the table to a school that tells you that you are definitely getting in. It is a lot of money for the top players to be risking.

There are tons of schools that will walk recruits in if they hit the ncaa minimums which is just a little more than knowing how to spell your name. I didn't know Duke was this tough on lacrosse girls because they clearly walk minimum kids in for basketball and football.

yes you are right. the post above had a bunch of made-up info. on it. what the womens lacrosse is held to standards miles above the mens basketball and football?? not how the world works.

Yes, it is how the world works. Mens' basketball, and I assume football, is held to a different, much lower standard than just about any other team. I hear it first hand from my kids. And I'm just talking academics. You can look to the news to see how they are not held accountable for sexual assaults where the schools are complicit in cover ups. What about that Duke bball player who was suspended for tripping other players? Suspended 3 games. Pffft.

Actually, he was suspended "indefinitely" but it only lasted 1 game. Brought him back as soon as they lost - surprise, surprise.