"They" are on the way.... Seriously??? You are disgusting! I truly hope you did not reproduce and further hope that you do not have the ability to spread your bigoted opinions to anyone young or old. Thank goodness, for your sake, BOTC allows you to post anonymously so you don't have to worry about publicly embarrassing your family and your friends! [/quote]

Seriously, yes, there are athletic and often minority kids in cities everywhere picking up sticks (due to great Grow the Game programs) who are now starting to have an impact on the landscape of the game. Hmmmm, take Miles Jones or Trevor Baptiste for just the tip of the iceberg of very athletic kids on the mens side who are creating diversity and taking up spots that plain Joe/Jane from suburbia (who are well trained from the $$$$ you have been shelling out for privates) would have taken in the past. It is not bigotry at all, its a fact.
[/quote]

Baptiste went to a $40k/year high school and grew up in a pretty nice part of New Jersey. Miles Jones grew up in Huntington (granted, not the best part, but about as close as you can get to being "plain Joe/Jane from suburbia"). He also was lucky enough to do a PG year at a $40k/year prep school.

I guess you just assumed they were both "minority kids in cities" because they were black? Give me a break.
[/quote]

Ahem, can you say scholarship? Both didn't pay as they prepared for college, and there are a lot more minority kids that will be coming to the front in the men's and women's games. The broader the demographic, the better for the game. Maybe not better for Muffy and Chad and their offspring, but its better for Lacrosse.
[/quote]

So what if they didn't pay? They're both great players and deserved their scholarships. Neither player was the beneficiary of any inner-city outreach program as you suggest, though -- they grew up in suburban lacrosse hotbeds.

Your weird, fetishized desire to change the game's demographics likely won't ever actually happen. These "grow the game" charities exist less to serve their target audiences and more to give post-college kids in Manhattan something to do (and to bolster their resumes when it comes time to apply to business school).

And all that talk about "Muffy and Chad"... Is there a reason why you seem to hate white kids so much? Is it just "rich" white kids? [/quote]

Don't hate anyone, I'm just a realist and the geography and demographic are changing. Get used to it.