Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by MKVELE
I think this is getting crazy. To say O'Leary, and Halfpenny are not as good a coach as Spellina is crazy. if you want to talk facts lets talk facts,

Including Sundays game, Florida had played 7 games, three in the same week including SB, One in 'cuse... one back in Florida... and then one in SB all within 7 days, thats one more game in just that week than SB has played all year, 2 against ranked opponents while SB played Bryant in RI, a short bus trip.

JS in all his press has yet to take a D! team past the 2nd round while both other coaches have.

You want to talk Adelphi.... with all the raving JS gets about them if you go to Laxpower you can see there records backs far as 2005, in that span there has been 4 coaches including JS. the most loses from any coach is 3, twice (Grella). in that same span they have only lost championship 4 times 3 times to LIU post (2x grella, 1x Spallina). basically what I'm saying is you rant about his time at Adelphi, and Adelphi was just as good under 3 other coaches.

You complain that he is doing more with less talent.... I say B.S. the talent at SB is top caliber, they are ranked 10 in the nation not because of Joe Spallina but because of the girls on the field. How dare you say they are not as good, you should be ashamed for saying such nonsense.

In the end it was not the Idea of the girls to hold the ball for 6+ minuets of the last 10, it was Joe Spallinas' His coaching lost that game

Spallina coaching Adelphi is like me coaching a YJ Blue team dump out the ball bag and get out of the way because the best players are there. Do you really think the YJ's have the best coaches? 18, 20 something girls in flip flops that are manipulated by parents? They attract the best talent (as does Adelphi) which makes any coach look good. Was Tony Dungy a great NFL coach or did he just have Peyton Manning? Players make the coach except for a few decisions in big games.

Agree, but a bad coach can screw up a team of very good players.

JS is obviously a good coach and SBU has some very good players. They will win their share of games this year.