"Generalized things? You have reduced an entire college to poetry readings and "raging against the man" and alternative lifestyles! I could care less about Amherst but your generalization that "most kids who go to Amherst could not survive socially at these schools" is ridiculous. I'm sorry you and your sister did not have a good experience there because obviously something occurred for you to make your "generalized" statements. You characterized the school as misfits, autistic and socially unfit. I never said any bad things about any school--Michigan, Penn St or otherwise. That was your implication. I simply said you have to pick the school that is the best fit and if your child could get into Amherst or any number of good schools go for it."

"A parent with a student/athlete that could get into Amherst (or any NESCAC school, outside of Trinity) would be stupid not to."

Sounds pretty generalized and definitely sounds like a knock of parents who have kids that go to Michigan, Penn State and every other school out there especially Trinity. It also comes across as pompous.