Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Many kids don't love practicing 35 hours a week especially when many have gone from the best players on their club or school teams to players that barely get off the bench if ever in college. When they hit the turn going into JR year many choose internships and just to enjoy everything college has to offer the last two years without the rigors of a fulltime lax job. We can all fool ourselves but if you don't think some of these kids are playing just because mom and dad have always pushed it you are being naive and when they reach 20 years of age many are now mature enough to push back on mom and dad and tell them they are done. That's why only 50% play all four years.

STOP , why post if you are clueless. Your kid obviously does not play D1 lacrosse . Yes some kids quit the sport but there are many reasons for this . Many college students stop doing activities that were part of their life while in high school when they get to college .Many of you paint the picture that D1 lacrosse is missery when in fact most kids who go on tho play at that level find it to be the opposite . As a parent I like the structure it provides and the academic help and the monetary situation is not bad either.

BS. Parent of 3 D1 athletes here and, while not misery, it takes a LOT of time and commitment and plenty of kids decide it's not worth it. Not saying it's misery but I can tell you that it is a close to full-time job on top of school work. I, too, like the structure and support that comes with it but to imply it's a walk in the park is just dead wrong.