Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do the Stony Brook touts get so excited about beating a weak team?

Northwestern beat another top 10 in Notre Dame and lost in OT to #4 USC. Then lost another close one to Syracuse. Perhaps an unlucky team not a weak team.
Isn't this exactly what I said they would say

Northwestern also lost to # 8 Colorado in OT. So, they have played 5 Top 10 teams and they are 1 - 4. Three of the four games were lost by a total of 4 goals.

They played all 5 games in the span of 28 days, lost two games to to # 8 & # 6 in OT and another game by a 2 goals to the # 4 Team in the country. They then played another Top 10 team on one day of rest.

I would say that they are ranked about where they should be.

Why do the parents of non Northwestern student athletes care so much about a team that they think sucks? Why do they pound their chest about winning a game vs a team that they say is not very good? Why do they look diminish the quality of a University that is so highly regarded? Why do they root against a university and a program that they would never consider sending their daughter to? I could be wrong but I think I have even read some negative posts about the Northwestern Coach. If you would not consider sending your daughter there (if it were an opportunity) why do you care about Northwestern?

Pls stop the whining, you have a problem with a game every 5.3 days? how much rest do you need? You might want to update the post, ND going to be out of the top 10, sorry.