Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do any of you people who continue to bash one collegiate program or another understand how difficult it is play a sport at any level in college ? I highly doubt it. In fact I would bet that none of you are parents of student athletes. If you are I would urge you to pick up the phone call your daughter and ask. listen to your athlete carefully and then decide if you still feel compelled to bash other young women like your daughter whom are very passionate about something they love. Whether at D1,2 or 3, Jr college or club these young women should be youlebrated and congratulated.

Most of you do not have any idea how difficult it is in this environment to be a NCAA Athlete on any level. D-1 and D-2 programs will own your daughter once she steps on campus. The recruiting process they will tell you we only practice a couple of hours a couple of days a week in the Fall and ramp it up once they come back to school after Xmas break. Here is the reality......Your daughter will start her days Monday- Saturday at 5:30 am for alternating workouts / training for 2 hours then she will have 20 min to run to class. Go straight from two classes to a 1.5 hour team practice. then run to her dorm to shower , grab a bite to eat then off to a 2 hour study hall or team meeting. Now that goes on for the entire Fall semester. So six days a week with every day going something like this.... Wake up, train, class, class, eat, practice, shower, eat , study hall, homework, sleep. Make sure your daughter can handle that schedule before you push her into something many of you could not handle.

Accurate and very true.

I'll add my two cents. D1/2 also leaves no time for other activities that the student may want to get involved in. This includes studying abroad. It is a huge commitment. Just over 50% of D1/2 students play four years of lacrosse. I'm following a 2013 club class and each year there are less students playing. Forget about students who are trying for difficult degrees.