Originally Posted by Anonymous
As it relates to the women’s game and the firing of the Michigan Coach:

I think this coaching carousel will grow and continue now that it gets more competitive for the recruitment of top-talent.

Up until a couple of years ago there have only been a few lacrosse programs that really mattered. Those colleges were the ones that paved the way for the beginnings of this sport and haven’t had to do much to attract the best talent. Many of these coaches could simply show up to the Maryland and New Jersey Tournaments with their summer folding chairs, get some sun while watching the top team of the top programs, make some notes and then text the club directors to assist in validating some of what they saw.

But now there are many other schools (some that reside in great geographical areas and others that are far superior in the academics they offer) in comparison to those few who paved the way that will be vying for the top players. Therefore, it’s important for those colleges --- that truly want the program to advance --- to acquire a coach and supporting staff that isn’t going to be lazy and allow / rely on the club directors to dictate which girls get recruited.

As an aside, oftentimes those athletes marketed by the club directors are done so based on an agenda or favor(s) to the participating families (ex. Parent is a coach, fundraising event has been an extra portion of their efforts). This is certainly a detriment to the college coach who fails to perform their own due diligence.

So if I’m the Athletic Director for a college and my girls program is struggling; I wouldn’t hesitate to make a change in this environment. The sport is becoming national as opposed to regional and extra-hustle on the part of the coach is becoming more important. Spending the summer in the mid-Atlantic and northeast regions and allowing a few club directors to dictate the contents of your roster will certainly lead to challenging times for your program.

Exactly why Hofstra will see a new women's coach very soon. No team chemistry and the tyrant has her select minions who rat everything anyone says to her. Talent will be going to Brook, even Adelphi and Rutgers.