Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lasota is good but look at TO numbers... they are very bad, the goalie is mediocre, the freshman is better in my opinion. Penn State is my favorite in the BIG 10 this year.

Been watching NU games since they reopened the program with KAH. First title string was run and gun attack on goal in transition. The next string of titles was based on slow careful possessions only taking high percentage shots that were either just inside the pipe or backed up by attack on its way out of bounds. But there was always a huge premium on possession, both winning the draw and handling the ball. That being said, Latoya is a pure beast of an athlete , incredible in tight space, but the complete opposite of what KAH has always bee about. In addition to the incredible high TO numbers, she has a terrible shot percentage and if you watch, many ill advised shots. Many times these great players cause as much damage to the winning effort as they contribute.

Agree that that is what has happened. Also think she got better as last year progressed. Also think the shot clock changes things. Her incredible ability to get shots off from anywhere turns from a negative in the old world into a premium skill in the new world. I guess we will just have to see.