Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can Stony Brook make a deep run this year? The seeding and the travel makes it seem like the committee doesn't like them

So lame...they are a top 7 team all year and the committee basically ranks them 13th. They didn't deserve a bye but deserved to at least host a home game.

Do they dislike the coach? He seems like one of those guys that if he is yours you love him but if he isn't then...

It's not the coach in my opinion. You play a more difficult schedule with success and you will get a higher seed. I'm surprised they are playing at BC.

A knock against SB is that they tend to be treated as a regional team. Coach doesn't recruit outside of LI because he doesn't have to. Critics of him say he is spread too thin between all his coaching jobs. I think SB is a hard school to recruit outside of the local area and he knows that. So stack up on local, very qualified talent and beat up teams in a weak conference. To his credit he does schedule great non-conference games. They only won one of those.

Syracuse recruits well upstate but they also get the Maryland/DC/LI player too. Is SB good enough to make a run? With some breaks yes. I don't think they get past Syracuse. I hope I'm wrong.