Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why do the Stony Brook touts get so excited about beating a weak team?

Northwestern beat another top 10 in Notre Dame and lost in OT to #4 USC. Then lost another close one to Syracuse. Perhaps an unlucky team not a weak team.
Isn't this exactly what I said they would say

Northwestern also lost to # 8 Colorado in OT. So, they have played 5 Top 10 teams and they are 1 - 4. Three of the four games were lost by a total of 4 goals.

They played all 5 games in the span of 28 days, lost two games to to # 8 & # 6 in OT and another game by a 2 goals to the # 4 Team in the country. They then played another Top 10 team on one day of rest.

I would say that they are ranked about where they should be.

Why do the parents of non Northwestern student athletes care so much about a team that they think sucks? Why do they pound their chest about winning a game vs a team that they say is not very good? Why do they look diminish the quality of a University that is so highly regarded? Why do they root against a university and a program that they would never consider sending their daughter to? I could be wrong but I think I have even read some negative posts about the Northwestern Coach. If you would not consider sending your daughter there (if it were an opportunity) why do you care about Northwestern?