And that's what wrong with the sport. Club rules everything including US Lax. You are right TG and YJ and... are printing money to place most girls at mediocre academic institutions with so so lacrosse. The handful born with ability would do just fine without club lacrosse. The bottom 95% are being taken for a ride. Plus there is way more security from parents willing to pay then a college that might grow tired of the losses [/quote]

Others are jumping onto the bandwagon - Amonte has "WildCats Elite" out of Chicago and Gait just stared his own club in the Syracuse area - follow the money[/quote]

I think "jumping on the bandwagon" when referring to Amonte-Hiller is misplaced. First of all, she has had Wildcat Elite for a long time. Secondly, it is very small. I think it may only be 1 or 2 age groups. She makes plenty of money thru coaching, camps and endorsements. She doesn't run the Wildcat Elite program for monetary reasons. She has been probably the single most influential person in spreading the women's lacrosse game west from the east coast and continues to influence the growth of the game. Some people aren't all about the money, and Wildcat Elite is much more about spreading the love of the game, than making money. Sorry, just had to point out that there are passionate, well-intentioned people out there as well. I'm not saying she isn't hyper-competitive, she is, but it isn't always, or even often, about the money to some people. [/quote]

Are you serious? It's always about the money - camps, clinincs, videos, tournaments, all being done in variety of states all year round by Amonte and company. When amonte and gait see carol rose generating over a million dollars in revenues every year with YJ and the Smiths close behind with TG every year, add in M&D, T3, Steps, etc. and it's too much money for them to leave on the table. Not to mention I'm sure that they think they can do it better and have the name recognition to take the club money machine to another level. I think that altruism is at the bottom of the list, if it's on it at all[/quote]

Then Mr/Mrs know-it-all, why has Wildcat Elite been around for many years and it has a grand total of 1 team? Is that to max out the money machine? And since when is it a bad thing for someone to take their passion and talent and make a living from it when you have a lot to offer in that area? Camps/Clinics/videos all seem like fine things to do. I personally have had a daughter attend some of those camps and clinics and she has loved them and learned a lot. Isn't that how it is supposed to be?

The problem w your post is that the facts surrounding the club team/program run by Amonte doesn't fit your assertion that they r "taking club money machine to the next level". Try again. [/quote]

Will this be another year of the Northworstern saga? Are you a family member or something?