Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone know how Hofstra did today?

I guess this is a rhetorical question? They got killed 20-5.

Serious question please don't get nasty- since SS hand picked this roster, and With the graduate player dominating and the considering the current losing streak, should a verbal recruit consider other options? Just doesn't seem like there is any teamwork, more like run to the goal.

I'm a TG player, and my best friends play for YJ and we never have problems or fight about who is on what team. I wish parents wouldn't either, because we don't care. I'm just asking a question because I don't want to regret any decision considering I might be spending 4 years at Hofstra. I have other choices and it's not just about winning but when I watch Hofstra games it just doesn't look like a lot of teamwork.
No reason to panic on Hofstra, no matter what the YJ people might imply. The roster is dominated by sophomores and freshmen. This occurs from time to time in every sport in college. Next year and the year after will be much better. Why isn't anyone talking about the weak performance of Navy (dominated by BC), or JMU (barely beat Denver), or Johns Hopkins (lost to Ohio State) or any other team that isn't playing up to their usual standards? Of course, as we all know, it's the YJ pukes trying to stir up a bunch of crap. Childish and silly behavior.

If your best friend plays for YJ, then why would you call them "YJ Pukes". Seems that you are contradicting yourself. Re-read before you hit "submit" and clarify yourself when need be (hopefully you meant to refer to PUKES as only the parents who spout off). Otherwise you are just part of the problem.

If you are indeed a student, good luck! (still some doubt, but assuming so). Don't look here or to any online source other than reputable (no offense BOTC), source on academics and how it will set you on a path to your future career (also look into graduating rates of your selected school for athletes, this will give you an idea of the level of academic support these athletic departments give their athletes). Lax will enhance your college experience, but it still will be the secondary purpose of going to a school. Primary is your education and the leg up it will give you in life. Lax is great if it gets you into a better academic school than you may have if you were a regular student, and/or any sort of financial assistance is great no matter how small. Lax will also give you access you scheduling preferences, student advisors and tutors through the athletic department that you wont have to pay for and other regular students don't have access to, you will also make great friends who share a common passion for sport. So those are also additional benefits of being a student athlete. Go play lax and do your thing because you have a life, all of us old adults have made our kids our lives so we spend too much time here (if you're here people it's the truth, not bashing just saying, myself included).