Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are some on this board so quick to call others names? It's so childish to do so simply because they don't agree with you. Strength of schedule shouldn't be disregarded, but not as heavily considered. If LIU Brooklyn should ever have a better record than N.U than yes they should get there shot and not dismissed because they didn't lose to someone.

Because they are responding to morons like yourself . When you say teams such as Winthrop should get into the NCAA tournament ahead of a team like Syracuse it makes it difficult not to call you a name . When it's obvious you have a personal issue with a player on NU so you come in this site to try and make young women and their parents feel badly simply because your kid was considered consistently lesser than theirs in the classroom and on the lax field it gets old. You come across to others on this site and most likely to your own daughter as an impotent little man .
You are a bitter little person. If Northwestern has proven anything this year it is that with this current roster, they do not have what it takes to win. It does not matter if they lost by 1 or 100, they have already played the top teams and lost. No one said that Winthrop should go in over ' use, because Syracuse, unlike Northwestern win. Why shouldn't Winthrop get the chance to go to tournament, they have won 17, and if they win even 1 game in tournament maybe they will start getting the better players, or is that what you're afraid of, schools that are not worthy in your mind getting better than your beloved Northwestern. Since your so hung up on college names and apparently Winthrop is good enough for you, how abou Navy, Ohio State and Loyola all have10 or more wins are they good enough? You snob

This is why people think you are a moron. You say it should be based on win loss records as to who gets into NCAA tournament but only stay consistent with that message when talking about NU. Winthrop has a better record than Cuse, UNC yet you will not put them into the tournament ahead of them. Basing it strictly on record is just so juvenile its not worth debating especially with you. Your daughter obviously knows of your obsession with the kid you have been so jealous of at NU , give it a rest its not healthy for her to see your behavior she may think that's what normal adults do.
I don't know who you think you're talking to, but I have no bad or jealous feelings toward any woman on N.U. I never said wins and losses should be the sole criteria for tournament selection. Definitely conference champions should get in. I just don't think a .500 team should be allowed in simply because of s.o.s. alone. I'm truly sorry you're so upset about your daughters team not playing well this year, it must be so disappointing to think someone you love did not meet up to the expectations you believed. If they are truly as good as you think, they can prove it next year. But for the good of the sport, and not thinking selfishly any single girl, the N.C.A.A. must start to get other teams into the tournament. Let's face of t no one is beating Maryland in the foreseeable future, so do we do nothing and allow only 1 team to dominate, is that good for the sport. As a side note it is you that seems so angry. Nobody has singled out a single player other than you in this discussion. No one cares about your daughter, good for her she's at N.U. Just be happy with that. Your seem to have to prove how much better she is to everyone and no cares. Stop trying to make people feel inferior it makes you seem petty