Originally Posted by Anonymous
USC has great weather and actually a pretty easy travel schedule with about 4 plane rides so even though their attendance is low I think they will still be attractive to players.

Watching the Denver men win it all really expanded the geographic footprint of the sport but on the girls side they have a terrible schedule with 8 or more plane trips.

The travel is a big deal especially when its added on to the 5 or 6 hours the teams are already together everyday. Every time you jump on a plane its 2 days of school. And this is why girls are guided to certain majors. It isn't for everyone

Fair points. I think USC and other west coast teams will continue to improve, albeit it will be choppy, not a straight line. W Arizona State entering the fray, I believe the Pac 12 will have 6 teams and form their own conference? I will bet UCLA adds at some point. This will meaningfully grow the game out west, reduce travel times and in a 5-10 year timeframe, I predict there will be a Western Champ. USC, however, in the meantime may be a final 8 type team this year or next. I think they are top 10 this year. They may not get the seeding they need based on SOS to get through to final 8 tho.