Originally Posted by baldbear
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Florida teams always come up short against teams with well rounded athletes like Carolina... Mandy likes the single sport lax rats- i.e. low character yellow jackets. Only know one thing, I'm going to the cage bc Dad told me to. The most overated lacrosse community on the planet.. strong island- pfft!!

Long Island is the most overrated lax community? 6 Pre season First team All Americans and 18 overall! I'd say Strong Island is doing just fine!

Lacrosse Magazine's cover story of Stony Brook, in particular two players, did not help the character of the Long Island player. The "it's a Long Island thing" and Long Island attitude" does not help, especially coming from such a publication. Players and parents from around the country read this and the stigma is then placed. It was a bad article for Long Island lacrosse.

The biggest and strongest LI girls club has always had a [lacrosse] attitude that has been embraced by their parents and their me first attitude. Unfortunetly that attitude has leaked into the girls. Too much attitude, too chippy, too much rule bending after whistles, too many people telling them to get theirs. But the club and their parents don't care! They get recruited first to the biggest programs. Doesn't make them good people, but you cant argue with the lax results. And it appears that's all this gang wants