Originally Posted by Anonymous
I enjoyed the Syracuse vs USC game this afternoon... The stick checks at the end put a damper on things...I can't see a reason (nor think of any comparable rule in other sports) where the refs need to bring out measuring tape and measure the stringing.. #12 on Syracuse had her stick removed after the refs unwrapped some tape around the shaft... Anyone want to venture a guess what the issue was here.. The commentators were clueless... They thought it was a USC stick.. Even though you could clearly see it said cuse along the shaft..

The USC/Syracuse game today was highly entertaining, much more so that the Stony Brook/Syracuse game. My opinion on some of your comments.

The stick rules are so complex, starting this year, that the refs have no choice but to break out the measuring tape. I'm not sure what the issue was with #12 of Syracuse but whatever it was it seemed Coach Gait was ticked off at the player more than the refs. The loose tape seems to to have exposed something.

The commentators were clueless. After the stick foul they said they were waiting for Trainor to enter the circle for the draw; it was USC ball by virtue of the stick foul. When play started there was no mention at all. It just wasn't this game either. The NC/ND game commentary was no better.

The pace of this game was great. Both of these teams will do well in the shot clock era to begin next year.