Originally Posted by Anonymous
What's going on at JMU and Loyola? Both are traditionally strong programs and both are struggling at 1-3. And, what about Johns Hopkins? They are 3-1, but their three wins were against weak teams (only 4 wins between them) and then they lost to a weak Loyola team.

Maybe I am wrong but I view this as a transparent attempt to bash Loyola. What is the agenda? In one sentence you say Loyola is struggling because they are 1 - 3 (you must know that their YTD SOS has been as tough as anyone's. #2 Syracuse, #3 Florida, #17 Towson and #16/18 Hopkins). Both the Hopkins and Towson games are extra competitive as the schools are all within a few miles of each other, the games are spirited and played for bragging rights. In the next sentence you attempt to diminish their win over Hopkins by pointing out that JHU is 3 - 1 (now 3-2 W/loss to PSU) but their record is irrelevant because they beat weak teams.

I commend Loyola for challenging themselves with such a demanding out of conference schedule. They could go 1 -5 considering their next two games are Penn State and Virginia.

Even at 1 - 5 I would give them consideration for the top 20 over a teams that have winning records but have weak schedules.