Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have not been around the girls game long but how about this for the stall solution. Make it like the boys game were the refs call a stall warning and the offense has to keep the ball in the "Box," this reduces the field and puts pressure on the offense to be able able to keep the ball. Allows for easier doubles and stops the offense from spreading out the field What are the pros and cons of this? To my limited experience in the game this might solve some of the stall problem. No?

they r going to a 90 second shot clock next year

Which hasn't been well thought out, blowouts are going to be insane scores - Maryland is beating Hofstra 13-4 at halftime, what are they supposed to do for the next 30 minutes? the rule maybe helps a handful of close games and playoff games from getting stalled to death and being unwatchable, but will have a negative impact on most games. I agree that something more along the men's lines would be infinitely better for the game than the 90 second clock

Pretty simple solution ... shut off clock at 10 goal lead just like running time

Another simple solution is to sub. Keep putting different girls into the game and spread the playing time in blowouts. Game gets close then you put better players back in. No need for a girl to get 10 goals in a 20-5 blowout.