Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can you two idiots go down to the schoolyard and slap each other silly, all the while screaming "my kids better than yours".

And by the way, sounds like your kid is a notch above average.

Originally Posted by MKVELE
I hate to tell you that I'm not the person spewing the venom against N.U. But you have to admit I was right. Since you want to attack my daughter let's talk about her, not her team. She is top half for her position, top 20% for all freshman,and top 1/3 for all players on impact ratings, all this as you stated on a losing team while still studying for one of the forbidden majors. How's your kid doing because I'm pretty happy with my daughters progress so far.

There are more than one poster responding on both sides of this. I will give you your due in regards to their record, sure. But they have played the #1 hardest schedule in the nation. They have played the #s 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,10,11,13,14 teams in the poll. I think if you rationally look at a handful of teams ahead of them in the polls, 3 of whom they have beaten (and yes all 8 of their losses have come to teams ranked currently 14 or above) NUs record would be substantially the same as theirs given their schedules. For instance, would a 13-3 NU team be ranked 7th like SB, since that likely would be their record as well? Or how about 9th ranked 13-3 Stanford? I think if you look at their schedule, it is reasonable to conclude that NU might even be 14-2 with the same schedule. I just think it is a little unfair to hammer a team too hard for taking on literally everybody. At least they schedule them and play it out. This year, they aren't top of the heap, but they are a good team that is probably a little better than a 15th ranking IMHO.
And for the record, I have not made any mention of your daughter. I wish you and her well.