Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stanford over Penn State 16-10. Where are all the Stanford haters now? Will be well within Top 10 with only loss in a close game to ND.

Lets hear it Stan the Cardinal. A drubbing at the hands of 14th ranked Stony Brook. 17-7. Stanford plays no one, and the few good teams they play beat them handily. Sorry, they are pretenders at this point.

Nice win for SB, but they will choke when it counts! And can we even compare a SB degree with Sanford? That's what really matters!

How dare you talk about the education and god forbid the majors taken. Parents on this board only care if their kid plays academics be dam

AHHHH ... but he didn't mention majors. That's the dirty little secret. Stanford kids for the most part don't take the difficult majors, you know the ones that the school is known for. In fact, many of them take the gut major. But in typical Stanford style, the parents can't handle telling their friends that their daughter is taking rocks for jocks etc, so they name the major Science, Technology and the World. Funny. You will find your share of girls lax players and football players in this major. In addition, Stanford would probably not like people to know about "The List". Quite the scandal at the "Farm". This was a couple years ago when it was revealed that the athletic department provided athletes with a list of courses that were easier and where professors would give athletes better grades. Of course many times it's not professors, but TAs that are teaching the courses, because Stanford professors couldn't give a crap about undergrads. They are all about their research. I can certainly put the links on here for you to find all this information, but it is probably easier for to Google it. Ironic that Google was founded by Stanford grads. They however did not use "The List" and are the kind of people Stan the Cardinal want to use to say what a great degree his daughter will have. Sorry Stan, she won't. She will be viewed as an athlete that got in to the school because she plays a sport well. As a recruiter, I will totally discount the paper diploma unless she takes a real major, which likely she won't. And by real at Stanford, I mean computer science, pre med or engineering, not history. If she wants a history major, there are much better schools for her. As an employer, I will value a degree from a top D3 program over her Science, Technology and the World degree. So Stan, not only is your lax team sub par, but the degree you think is so valuable, ain't worth what you think it is.

Now we should probably get back to the subject of this website, Lacrosse. And Stanford has proven to be not so good at that.

Come on and I'm a SB supporter. Stanford has had some great wins this season most recently beating Penn state handily and Hopkins. SB was just on fire yesterday from start to finish! Other than Maryland there isn't much of a difference between 2 and 12

Hopkins? really? Ok apparently you miss the context. Stan says his team is top 10 "where are all the haters now." When they get destroyed by #14 in the polls, he pulls the "my daughter's school is better than yours crap". Stan just needed to be called out is all. And a few facts on the academic side that I'm sure most people don't know are quite appropriate.