Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have heard similar things about Nova staff. As a 2019 parent I have seen very, very good players turned away by the head coach some of which who gone on to commit to top D1 programs. My daughter had been to several clinics and prospect days at Nova and at almost all of them she came out feeling the same way about head coach... not good, couldn't put her finger on it but just a bad vibe. It's too bad bc they are definitely falling behind and losing talented players bc of her. I'm hoping something changes. It's unfortunate bc you would think that a school like Nova should be competitive both academically and athletically. That's the good thing about a verbal, you can always change your mind. Your child's happiness and success is the most important thing.

Does anybody think its any different at Florida, Hofstra, Northwestern and many other programs known to have crazy coaches? The stories coming from these schools are no different, the only difference is FL and NW win...

That was exactly my point on my original post. We have no issue with having selected a great academic school that has a coach who runs a team with a "tough love" hardline approach. Potentially a "crazy coach" But year after year with win/loss records of 3-14, 3-15, 1-8 in your conference ?? Come on!!

What is apparent from the feedback on these posts is that her players and assistants don't like her, she's nasty, and they don't play for her. And THAT is reflected in her record. If your going to be a crazy coach at least WIN.

My questions was "How does the AD ignore that?" Give me a great academic school with a tough "crazy" coach that the girls respect/play for and the wins will come. And ..... the girls will be happy. They are competitors their entire life. The last thing they want to do is end their athletic careers under the direction of misery.

We were blindsided by responses to our post. The character and capabilities of Coach Young are deeply troubling.

Hofstra is a far cry from Nova academically, but they're willing to put up with a crazy/abusive coach... you know why? because nobody on campuscares about any sports other than football and basketball - the revenue producers that pay for all the other sports