Originally Posted by MKVELE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I hate to tell you that I'm not the person spewing the venom against N.U. But you have to admit I was right. Since you want to attack my daughter let's talk about her, not her team. She is top half for her position, top 20% for all freshman,and top 1/3 for all players on impact ratings, all this as you stated on a losing team while still studying for one of the forbidden majors. How's your kid doing because I'm pretty happy with my daughters progress so far.

You are a certified nut job and nobody attacked your daughter. Not sure what your beef is with NU but it's really getting ridiculous. Glad to hear your daughter is doing well.
I don't know what your problem is with me, I don't really have one with N.U. Other than I think there not doing well and are getting by on reputation alone. Like I said you should admit that I was right. There last game will be a day g fight in Ohio, if they lose no tourney for them.

If, and it is an "if", they destroy Ohio State at OSU, the #18 team in the country, will you post on here that maybe you were wrong? How r they "getting by on rep alone"? You have been shown the schedule. They have played 11 of the top 14 teams ranked ahead of them. They r 3-8 against them. Not to their standards no question, but if anything ought to rank them higher than 15, not lower. And have beaten all 4 teams behind them in the rankings/out of rankings. They are actually getting penalized for the schedule they chose to play. If they beat OSU, they r into the tournament likely. And should be. I'm sure though the people that agree with you most, honestly, are the players and coaches at NU. My guess is they are nowhere near satisfied with their record.
No I will not admit I'm wrong because I am not. You prove that N.U. Is getting by on reputation when you say if they played that teams schedule they would be better. There is no way of knowing if they would have beaten any team they didn't play. If any team from any conference has a better record they should be given the chance to go to tournament over any team with even a 9-7 record because they used to be good. They played there games and lost. Other t arms played there games and won. Why isn't it that simple. In years past N.U. also played very hard schedules and won. Why is it when they lose they should be rewarded? That's kind of like taking a goal off the board for a shooting space violation, rewarding bad play and punishing good play, woman's lacrosse..... Go figure

There is a history of teams with tough schedules making the tournament. UVA comes to mind. For the last couple of years the Cavaliers have teetered around .500 and were always rewarded a tournament berth based on their strength of schedule. Two years ago they made a run to the final four after worrying if they would even make the tournament.