Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was at a game yesterday with the 90 second shot clock winding down with about 5 seconds when a Temple player lets go a wild shot to beat the clock and ended up hitting a defender square in the head. Ref gave a yellow card kid was down for about 5 minutes for some reason no coach or trainer came to check on her then the ref gives the kid the ball just above the 12 meter as little birdies are flying around her head and blows the whistle to start play. I couldn't believe what I was witnessing it was an embarrassment to the officials and the coaches. Common sense dictates to take the kid off the field and conduct some type of concussion protocol not give her the ball and blow the whistle.C'mon son😡

Sad to hear that. Exactly what was feared about when they introduced the shot clock. We are going to see a ton of this when girls get desperate with just a few seconds left on clock. It creates a tremendously dangerous situation that will have girls launching 80mph shots through the defenders just to get a shot off. The stall was brutal to watch at the end of women's games, so I get why they did it, but you may have a girl not get up off the turf next time!

Again the refs are terrible!!!!! Helmets are coming because the officiating sucks!!!