Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guys regarding dangerous shot and if the goal should count...

For the shot to count you will need a play on. For a dangerous shot you will never get a play on the whistle is blown for safety.

I guess the issue is if the whistle was blown. If a whistle is blown and a shot is taken after that.. It is a foul.

If the whistle is blown at the same time a shot occurs or a ball is in flight it is never a goal. You cannot determine when the goalie's attention was taken away from the shot due to the whistle, because in all sports you play to the whistle.

And presumably, if the whistle was blown for shooting space, the shot should not have been taken. Sometimes the refs just physically can't process the call/blow the whistle fast enough. But even in those circumstances, it is shooting space and the goal is waved off. If they weren't waved off, the shooter would be incentivized to shoot when someone was in shooting space. It's difficult for some people to understand this. They figure that it is punishing the offense for a defensive foul. The reality is, the shot should not have been taken in the first place.
You keep talking about giving more incentive to top caliber athletes to shoot a shot that they are taking anyway, with no penalty. To the coach/ref on here talking down to people, all I have to say to you is that you're a major part of the problem. As a ref I bet you haven't called more than a handful of dangerous shot penalties. But now you will say you do to CYA, but it n truth, not one parent, coach, player fan or parent can come on here and say they have ever seen any ref make that call with any regularity. So I'm calling BS on you. Let's be real about this, there are varying degrees to this call, so let's use some common sense, if a girl/woman isn't in any danger because of the shot, than the flag should be hung. If the shooter is reckless than not a yellow , but a red card should be given, that would keep these athletes in check. Now we just need refs to actually give reds out, so tell me super ref how many reds have you given, none I bet