Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by baldbear
You can bet if it was a disadvantage, she would have fixed it...Why the need for a ruler if it was the screw being illegal?

And there is no equipment kit with screws? Is it like the nerd with tape on his/her glasses?

all the stick challenges and violations was just part of the problem to me. I though the game stunk. lots of standing, horrible zone defense, not an entertaining game at all. the game is less fun every time I watch seems like. maybe its just me..

Game is broken no doubt. Not fun to watch, slower every day, more choppy. Hopefully the speed picks up with the shot clock and its not just a excuse for certain people to pad stats even more. TEAM GAME!!!!!

I think the shot clock is going to create an even more messy game than we have now. It is a 90 second possession clock; a good ride is going to give teams little time to set up a good offensive look. Result is going to be a lot of crashing to the goal, ill advised shots and turnovers. I've seen trial games with quality players and it is a messy affair. There will be times that the offense will dump the ball past the end line if they can't get a shot off just to let the opposition have an entire field to clear. It's messy.

How about doing away with face guarding? I just love watching a team's best player watch the game from near the sideline.

correct on all counts. the whole notion of shooting space works directly against a shot clock. the fact that theres 10 seconds left doesn't magically mean you have a any type of lane to the goal.. its a joke.

better idea would be ban the zone, make the restraining line higher, and how about 6 in the zone instead of 7?? these girls are all bulked up from deadlifts,squats and benching and there's no room for any offense at all. great players like Traynor can barely get a shot off. its horrible to watch..
Banning an entire defensive scheme, cutting out 2 players, or making the restraining lines further away are all ridiculous ideas. How will any of that help the game? They need to go to a progressive foul system because that will stop the unnecessary hacking used to stop momentum, coaches and players will not be so quick to foul if the know there better players will wind up on the bench. The quick start sucks, make it the same as the men's game. There should be a continuation of play rule, if there is obstruction, they should hang the flag until the scoring play ends, or a shot is taken. Stop penalizing the offense for a defensive mistake. If the shooter takes a dangerous shot in that case it should be a 2 minute unreleasable penalty. Only 3 woman between restraining lines on the draw. Let's see how the 90 second clock works next year.