Originally Posted by Anonymous
Final Four predictions:

1 - Maryland
2 - North Carolina
3 - ???
4 - ???

Who will come on strong come tournament time?

Florida - Very good team. off day on the road at MD. should cruise the rest of the regular season.

Colorado - Putting together a great year. Big win on the road at Penn State. Two games in three days a long way from home will not end well at Stony brook.

Penn State - They were there last year. Will most likely play Maryland twice before the tournament, being battle tested will help prepare them in the NCAA Tournament.

Stony Brook - Easier schedule than most. They should be well rested for the tournament but not sure if they will be prepared.

Cornell, Princeton, Penn: - All three Ivy's are tough. All three play tough non league schedules. Teams could see each other a third time in the NCAA's.

USC - As much of a chance as anyone else.

The rest of the field - Can their be a real surprise ? Syracuse, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Virginia, Boston College, Virginia Tech???

I think it's wide open for a team that get favorable draw and plays well at the right time.

No way do SB or USC end up in top 4. I say playing on MD's crap field probably hurt the FL. I think they could be 3 or 4 in the finals. I need to find out more about CO.

In other news, I caught the tail end of Duke vs. Elon last night. Not so impressed either way. Duke had some terrible defense. Elon goalie made some great stops. All in all, watching FL vs. MD made Duke vs. Elon look like a slow game. They were on a whole other level.