Originally Posted by Anonymous
Most rankings early are based on last season where my NOT favorite team Stony Brook beat NU Florida and smashed Notre Dame That is how a team gets a high pre season ranking. You also made me do some research on SB schedule their next four games they play the 3rd, 6th and 10 th ranked team in country in addition to Yale also noticed an interesting game with Stanford Not a bad schedule for mid major. Impossible to compare to a ACC or Big 10 schedule but you can only control what you can control. Regardless good for LI to have a college team that is relevant.

You missed the point ... I'll try again. You have ranked Stony at #10 (i btw think they deserve to be there). But what have they done THIS year, as you said, to warrant that? The answer is nothing. U asked what NU has done to warrant a top 15 ranking and I told you. To good games against top 10 teams, one of which is a likely final 4 team, and a win against a good opponent on the road. Using your eyes, and little knowledge of the women's game, it would be silly to put NU outside the top 15. They may even lose to Louisville, again on the road, and that still wouldn't mean they are out side the top 15. Why, for instance do you rank Penn Sate where you do? They lost to Virginia by 3.

Putting NU outside the top 15 reduces your credibility. I'm just trying to help you out.