Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stony Brook looked like well oiled machine. Top players are expected to perform and stay on the field- especially attack sharp shooters. The best high school coaches adhere to this, and reprimand selfish players who don't understand the game. It's a quick transition, not like soccer. My brother is a Hs coach and does not necessarily like his best player-been on varsity since 8th grade and has a chip on her shoulder. Committed to an up & coming D2 school despite D1 offers. But he knows she will leave everything on the field, and wants the ball in her stick when game is on the line. I keep telling him you never know what goes on at home, could be a sad or bad situation so try and praise her and value her. Girls remember that stuff and respond to it. High school coaches need to follow the Gait/Spallina/Levy role. Leave personal feelings out of it and depend on your leaders, reward them with praise not politics.
Stony Brook looked like well oiled machine. Top players are expected to perform and stay on the field- especially attack sharp shooters. The best high school coaches adhere to this, and reprimand selfish players who don't understand the game. It's a quick transition, not like soccer. My brother is a Hs coach and does not necessarily like his best player-been on varsity since 8th grade and has a chip on her shoulder. Committed to an up & coming D2 school despite D1 offers. But he knows she will leave everything on the field, and wants the ball in her stick when game is on the line. I keep telling him you never know what goes on at home, could be a sad or bad situation so try and praise her and value her. Girls remember that stuff and respond to it. High school coaches need to follow the Gait/Spallina/Levy role. Leave personal feelings out of it and depend on your leaders, reward them with praise not politics.

16 to 2
Under 14 minutes and "stars" still in game!!! Don't brag about stats in may when you build stats in second half against weaker opponents