Originally Posted by Anonymous
Said Kylie Ohlmiller, after today's game: “I think people who watched this game knew who the better team was. That’s us. It just didn’t go our way in the end." And, JS's post-game comments: “I’d rather talk about our women, how proud I am of them. I’m not going to talk about the fact that we had five yellow cards. I don’t want to talk about the fact that we had 58 fouls and they had 15. I don’t want to talk about the fact that they had 732 free positions and we had three. I’d rather not talk about it. That would be really cool if one of you (the media) talked about it. I want to talk about how my kids played their hearts out and took this program to a different level.” Typical LI attitude. You guys always have an excuse when you get beaten. The reason you got called for 58 fouls is because you probably fouled 55 of those times, most of them of the 3-second variety. It's part of the defensive scheme. Same with the FP's. If you play an overly-aggressive defensive style and you hack someone inside the 8 meter, the result is a FP for the other team (For those of us outside of LI, we call it the "LI way". If you can't play the game right, hack 'em). Either change your style or quit bitching, and compliment the other team that you just lost to. It's called respect. Grow up J.

I actually heard the audio of post game and opening statement was praise of coach Reese and Maryland. He was then asked on a few occasions about the refereeing and after the third question that was his reply. Regardless could of been handled better but after a tough loss with crying seniors I get it. the audio was on USB radio. As a bystander I think the sb number of fouls with three seconds and shooting space is in the ball park even tho there were a few that raised eyebrows. But marylands low number was almost ten less than their average and with teams playing that hard that seems off. Regardless it was a great game tip my cap to SB and their rise in the sport. Think the sport needs these type of things
Thoughts on our next opponent. Princeton or State. Think I prefer Princeton but we shall see