Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hearing both Hofstra assistant coaches coaches quit??
Why would that surprise you? It's a TON of work for very little money. Most asst's at middle to low programs are there as they look to climb the coaching ladder or until they find a real job. And once they find a real job the asst coach schedule doesn't fit anymore.

Both are good coaches and will be missed, I'm sure. But, like is said above, assistant coaches move around A LOT. No surprise that this happened, because it happens at every program at every level. I'm actually a little surprised they stayed as long as they did with one program. Good luck to both, I'm sure they'll find a good landing spot. And, now we wait for their replacements to be named. I bet they'll be one or two names we all have heard of. Coaches want to work with SS.

That's one opinion, I have heard that she is very difficult to work with and treats coaches and players poorly

Spoken like a true YJ'er. I know girls on the team and their opinion is exactly the opposite. But, the "spin" that YJ'ers like to spew is that she's difficult and hard. They're badmouth her because CR tells them to, and we all know they all do exactly like the great CR dictates or else Lttle Susie will not make YJ 8th team. Jeez!
I do not now, nor have I ever had a daughter play for either TG or YJ. I was at a Hofstra game this year and was talking to a parent of a girl on Hofstra, She confirmed to me everything I was told about SS was true, and that it was even worse than what I was told. I personally don't care because My daughter does not play for her (thank God), but to say that CR has told anyone disparage SS is unneeded, she is doing to herself. What I do believe is that the Hofstra players and parents were "encouraged" to try to deflect what is really happening in Hempstead

My guess then is that that player probably doesn't play at Hofstra anymore, right? There's one or two of those payers on every team in every sport at every level. Always one or two or three who aren't happy with playing time or whatever. If she's still there then its probably not as bad as mommy said.