Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by MKVELE
Sounds like SB fans have a lot of excuses. You say you lose a single player to injury, thats fine but if you want to be considered top 10 one player should not make a difference. SB has played only 1 game opposed to FLA 6 (at game time) and 2 within the week one in FLA and one in 'cuse. That would have made 3 games in 7 days against a fresh team.

You can't ever blame a goalie for a loss with 11 woman to go through before her. She made plenty of saves to win that game, one mistake by her was not the reason for the loss.

Agree you can't have excuses, i will preface this as a "Florida supporter" and speaking w some "SB supporters" they did not make excuses were very complimentary as two top 10 teams had a heavy weight battle I understand the SB mindset at the end, Florida was winning EVERY draw, so yes with three minutes left your on your last possession in all likelihood. So looking to tie the game YES that's the mindset and I can tell you this SB made adjustments at half outscored our women and played smart clean lacrosse. Shortening the game to me was the on,y way when draw play is so lopsided. Great crowd and Us Local Florida parents love the quick commute. Kudos to both teams What a game!

I did not speak to any supporters on either side I sat alone, and FYI I wore gray yesterday. Two very good teams but..... killing clock on your own team to play for o.t because you can't win a draw makes even less sense. With the new golden goal format, if you take the last shot and go to O.T. and lose the draw 80% of the time you have lost. Shoot with 10 min. left, and then 4 min left, and lose the draw you still have time to make a stand at least twice, I just don't get the logic. To me it's a bad coaching error that coast the game. As far as adjustments go holding the ball for 6 of the last 9 minuets of the game and taking only one shot in the last minuet is not and adjustment it's a mistake. Granted SB scored 4 goals to Fla 2 in the second half...... they needed 5 why stop shooting