Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not my kid but there are some who get "full rides" , or in other words athletic scholarships that cover the full cost of attendance .They are rare but it does happen . I know the girls side more so than the boys and scholarships that range from 50-70 percent of cost of attendance are reserved for top recruits but are not uncommon .

I have never heard of ONE single lacrosse recruit receiving Full ride, not one. And I know many kids who were top 100 recruits.

There have been people who have received a 'Full' Athletic Scholarship but those are very rare considering that IF a D1 program is fully funded with 12.6 scholarships (because not every D1 school like Villanova, Providence, etc.) they need to allocate those scholarships to a 4 year recruiting class with 8-12 recruits per year so in a perfect world, they would give quarter scholarships to 12 players per year which is equivalent to 3 full scholarships per year which would be almost the full 12.6 allowed in the 4 year period. But back to you saying that you NEVER heard of anyone receiving a full athletic scholarship including room and board, books, etc., you are incorrect. Contingent on a schools situation such as say Utah this year, they may very well need to offer a full scholarship to persuade a 2X All-American being recruited by every top 20 D1 school to attend Utah and that is precisely what happened to me when I was recruited by St John's in 2004. But I also have friends who went to Hopkins and Duke who received full scholarships and even paid for one of my friends, now a D1 Assistant Coach 5th year graduate degree because he was the best player in the country and helped Hopkins win a National Championship so they do exist but very rare so those out there, don't bet the house on your son getting a 'full boat' as they call it but anything is possible. Thought I would share that with you.