Will it go like that? I don't know but it's a very possible scenario that has really fixed nothing but early social media postings. Maybe I'm just cynical. . .[/quote]Will be a massive Title IX Lawsuit coming. So much for equal opportunity. Calling it now
[/quote]

Actually, I thought the Title IX angle was bogus, but it could have some merit (note, I'm not an attorney). It provides: Other benefits: Title IX requires the equal treatment of female and male student-athletes in the provisions of: (a) equipment and supplies; (b) scheduling of games and practice times; (c) travel and daily allowance/per diem; (d) access to tutoring; (e) coaching, (f) locker rooms, practice and competitive facilities; (g) medical and training facilities and services; (h) housing and dining facilities and services; (i) publicity and promotions; (j) support services and (k) recruitment of student-athletes.

And: Under Title IX there are no sport exclusions or exceptions. Individual participation opportunities (number of student-athletes participating rather than number of sports) in all men's and women's sports are counted in determining whether an institution meets Title IX participation standards. The basic philosophical underpinning of Title IX is that there cannot be an economic justification for discrimination. The institution cannot maintain that there are revenue productions or other considerations that mandate that certain sports receive better treatment or participation opportunities than other sports.

So recruitment of PSAs and mandate that all sports must be treated equally. . .anyone out there an attorney? [/quote]

I'm an attorney but certainly don't specialize in Title IX. Regardless: the lacrosse rules apply equally to male and female recruits, so what complaint can there be about different treatment? There is none.

I think ambiguous wording in the new rule is to blame. The rule states that it applies to "Women's Basketball and Lacrosse", which could fairly be interpreted to mean "Women's basketball and Women's Lacrosse". However, I'm pretty sure they intended it to apply to "Women's Basketball and Men's and Women's Lacrosse". The multiple references to "his or her" support this (at least until the NCAA starts letting men who think they are women start playing women's basketball and women's lacrosse - how long until that happens is anyone's guess). Not sure why they didn't say "Lacrosse and Women's Basketball" - same number of words but without the ambiguity.

What about the difference between men's and women's basketball? Wrong forum, but it's not clear to me that women have a complaint. There is plenty of support for the proposition that the rules actually benefit women. It would be the men who might complain.