Originally Posted by Anonymous
First, I'd like to say the UVA just looks and feels like a college should and all they need to do is get a kid on Campus with his parents and I suspect they sign up (and no, I did not attend but have been there enough). Hopkins? (lovely Baltimore)? Not so much, so Petro has a tougher sell than many others. Going forward, it is going to be even tougher for him, you can bet on that.

But don't bet against seeing the Hop Memorial Day weekend. They are not good enough this year, but stranger things have happened.

Baltimore, the city, might not be as picturesque as UVA, but a degree from Hopkins is prestigious. Some people actually care about the degree, you know?

If you can get into Hopkins, then you probably have lots of choices. Is it a prestigious, of course, but we are talking about elite lax players who are ER, are we not? And Baltimore is a handicap.

Hey now. There might be some significant social issues, but Baltimore is a cool city -- rich in history, art, and music. Get beyond the superficial and dig a little. It's a quirky town. An artsy, foodie, cool place. Don't diss my hometown, man! Lots of great people in Baltimore.

And they have great riots! Amazing police and great political leaders.

Seriously, Baltimore might be great under the surface, but I think that my 18 year old from the suburbs might find a bunch of lacrosse powers more appealing. Petro is handicapped by the surroundings. So is Yale, if that makes you happy.

Again, sorry but if youre in any way insinuating that someone actually might think twice about going to Yale because of its location you are absolutely out of your mind. It could be on the surface of the moon and people would gouge each others eyes out to have the opportunity to go there. As for Hop and being in a shady neighborhood, let me ask you, do you think Duke has a problem recruiting? Have you ever seen the area surrounding Duke? Not desirable by any stretch. How about UPenn? There are many schools that are situated in bad neighborhoods, but I really dont think its that big of a factor when kids are deciding where to go to school

But these kids are the best of the best at the time they are getting recruited, THEY HAVE A CHOICE! New Haven to Cambridge, Baltimore to Charlottesville and so many in between. You can not look at this as if it is the choice between Binghampton and Yale as a lax player. Kids the ER for lax are not deciding a Government major at Harvard vs a pre-med at Yale or Hopkins.

Bottom line is Petro is handicapped by his surroundings, it can not be denied. At UVA, there is no handicap and I would look towards the coaching. Frankly that place is a bonus for the coach, he is the problem there.