Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone provide first hand feedback regarding the amounts being offered by D1 coaches to early recruits? Thanks

The biggest offers I have heard is a 50 percent athletic scholarship. In my sons case he was offered the 50 percent athletic and the opportunity to get the other 50 percent depending on his academics. I have never heard of a school picking up room and board so I dont think there is any such thing as a "full ride", I think its better referred to as "full tuition".

Absolutely 100 percent not true.

Ok what part? This was just my experience, maybe others have had different experiences, that why he asked. If your going to post your smart [lacrosse] remark, how about elaborating so people know what youre referring to. I personally have never heard of a kid getting full tuition and room and board, but that might be school specific. Please enlighten us........

I love how people come on here and spew nonsense about how they know x y or z to be true, and "it never happens" . Is a "full ride" common ? obviously not, does it happen for the kids at the very top of the their respective recruiting classes I'm telling you it absolutely does. Whether you choose to believe it or not is obviously up to you. Every kid, every school, is different.