Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You people are all out of your mind if you think Hopkins or UVA have any trouble getting the recruits they wants. Both of them can draw from the hotbeds as well as out west and Canada. If Petro calls you and your a high school soph or Jr, youre saying no? Not a shot in [lacrosse]. As for Baltimore, yes there are some pretty shady spots but they also have Inner Harbor, Fells Point, Federal Hill, etc. Not sure if you noticed but NYC has some really shady spots as well and last time I looked Hofstra wasnt in the greatest neighborhood either. In regards to UVA, your talking about a beautiful campus, a great academic institution, a pretty sizable and powerful alumni and a storied lacrosse program. So who wouldnt go there and why???? If your talking about deciding between and IVY and UVA you have an argument, otherwise its a no brainer.

I think you've gotten off track a bit. The discussion is about ER, not about whether or not a 16 year old, two or three time ninth grader will accept an offer. Clearly, the reason these two schools are in the predicament they are, is precisely because they are making offers to 16 yo ninth graders that are accepting those offers. They are not getting the best kids... That is why they can't win. 10 years ago Hop would have beat Rutgers with their 3rd lines. 16 year olds playing against 14 year olds in tournament look like superstars. When the arrive on campus at age 20 they now have to play up. Most will not be able to do it. Remember, if they really were that good, they would have been playing up at 16, not 2 years down. The biggest offenders are all suffering the same fate. UVA, Hop, UNC. Its only going to get worse for them, they have recruited the same type of players in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. It's great for the other programs, and great for D3. Parity is here to stay, and it will only continue.

I disagree with you. ER may be playing a role but it is definitely not the whole story. In the cases of UNC and UVA, both of their rosters are loaded with talent and athletes, so to me it is a coaching problem not a recruiting problem. Breschi missed his chance last year when he had that all world attack. Starsia looks lost and disinterested and I think its filtering down to his players, definitely time for a change at UVA. As for Hop, they did make the final four last year and they had some big wins this season and it remains to be seen what they do in this tourney, they have a tough 1st round matchup with Brown. You did hit the nail on the head with parity, the talent is much more spread out and more athletes are playing the sport which is why your seeing some of the upsets youre seeing. I think parity and good coaching is more on the money than ER.