Originally Posted by Anonymous
It will be interesting to see just how much self control these college coaches have. It is human nature to find loopholes in order to gain a competitive advantage. Once a few do it others will follow. Coaches will continue to make early verbal offers but now it may just be to the very best kids. Maybe they will fill out 1/3 or 1/2 of a class before the junior year deadline. I'm guessing college coaches will still encourage players via their travel coach to attend camps and clinics on their campus because once there they can speak with the kids and their parents. Kids and parents will continue to accept early offers if the opportunity and money makes sense - regardless of whether or not they can share it publicly. Why would they wait and risk injury etc if it is the right situation and a generous offer.

the coaches wanted this so I'm not sure why they would do back door deals that in essence could lead to severe NCAA penalties. For a non income sport the university would certainly fire the coach and staff. Football is worth millions as well as basketball so I get it, but a non funded sport? Doesn't make sense.