Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes we have 4 kids and let me tell you they know exactly what they want to do in 8th grade. Give me a break. This early recruiting BS was being driven by 1.lunatic parents, 2.lunatic coaches. 3. Thieving club directors and then 4.the players themselves.

This is a smart decision on many fronts. The best kids will still get theirs, but it gives everyone else time to fine tune their game, work on their grades and have a clue on where and what they want to study. Stop with the BS that 8th and 9th graders know what path they want. Plus it takes a lot more guess work out for coaches tying up bad money on a hot 9th grader who is passed by better players in HS. Money is actually going to go to the best players now.

Don't lose sight of the facts people- less than 2% of HS athletes get athletic scholarship money. Less than 50% play all 4 years. 37% of kids transfer once in college and of those 37%, 42% transfer a 2nd time. If you slow down the process you have a much better chance of getting it right on all counts

With all due respect, 4 kids does not make you an expert. I have one still undecided about his future at 20, two who dabble but my 15 going on 16 is fully aware of what he wants to do and should be afforded that opportunity. If yours are not there yet, then you keep them undecided/uncommitted and be the parent but if my 16 knows what he wants to do and it is a good plan approved by us as his parents, then he should be able to carry out that plan. This is not going to make kids who have their goals be kids anymore than it will force kids who are not sure, hit the books or the wall more. Each individual is different and no amount of legislation will change that-naive to think that NCAA did this for the kids. It was to benefit a group of college coaches who could not compete.

This post is 100% accurate!