Originally Posted by Anonymous
Playing on a top club team does get you to the most competitive events against better competition, but in my opinion the better the club team the worse the player development. The top clubs just want the club resume to read success placing kids to colleges, so they rush that early process and then move on. Have you seen a 10th or an 11th grade club lacrosse event in the past year? UGLY. Lots of committed kids who haven't gotten better since 8th grade. Just plain ugly. Top club teams also have the effect of hiding pretty good players and on a top team it gets harder to not mistake them as better players than they are. Filling a narrow role on a club team and playing in only a few games that are better than 15-3 type scores doesn't prepare a kid physically or mentally to play college lacrosse. This is one thing that Quint opined on and he is right.

Everything is relative but to me if that is what you see you not watching a top club play. Question, How many top clubs keep it together past summer after soph year? I'd agree on scond tier