Originally Posted by Anonymous
Only last Friday the CAD was trying hard to get through 1.3060 on the back of an eye opening CPI number and after witnessing some stealth like USD buying the currency has had a pretty severe identity crisis this week. It may go back as far as February 21 when positioning reports surprisingly revealed that the market at least in the case of futures was substantially long CAD, despite the fact that the determining factors for the CAD have done very little the currency has lost nearly 2.5% since Friday’s CAD strong point. What is even more surprising is the fact that the CAD has lost ground on most if not all pertinent crosses.
We are not sure it is going to get much better as we get the BOC rate announcement today and that may give the authorities another opportunity to give the CAD another kick in the head. Beyond that we have CAD GDP (expectations decent so a good print no surprise) and then the next big event the CAD employment report March 10th which after several months of good numbers is at risk of being bad.
Couple this with the fact that a “border tax” is still being bandied about and this will continue to send the CAD lower. The fact is we have traded a tight 1.30-1.36 range since last September and it may be time to take a visit back to the top end at 1.3600.

copied this from another thread (explains why programs like PSU or OSU commit early)

Wow, I am thoroughly confused. I thought I knew a thing or two about lacrosse, but all this talk about CAD and CPI leaves me realizing I know nothing about the sport.