Sorry, I'm confused now. Does Quint's employer ESPN have a club lacrosse program I'm unaware of? His ESPN paycheck is for covering college lacrosse, but he's one of few guys who has crossed the chasm to be a very successful ESPN reporter and broadcaster in other college sports. He doesn't make a living from lacrosse, and for years ran a goalie camp at Boys' Latin for kids down all the way to age 8. My son did that camp twice and it was fantastic. Based on what it cost and how many coaches were there instructing I doubt Quint cleared much if any money from it.

Quint's job in the booth is not to politic the innards of the game. His job is to cover the game. As a writer for Inside Lacrosse he is covering a wider scope and makes his opinion editorial known. Clearly some don't agree with his views on early recruiting, but is not expressing that view on anonymous chat boards. At some level it might be uncomfortable for Quint to know Petro and others well but also criticize them where he disagrees, but he walks that line and does it. That is not cowardly, it's just a view you don't like hearing.