They are better right NOW. Do you think your own will be better then them in 2 years ? Thats the question. Coaches would love the NCAA to ban recruiting at such a young age, the NCAA won't do it because they thing enforcement will be a nightmare. The colleges are then put on a position to try and project where a a 14 year old kid will be in 5 years. On the bright side for som of the lesser colleges so to speak, the big dogs being forced to gamble on younger players means more misses and while those misses will fill up rosters by default other colleges can find late bloomers who emerge in Jr or even SR year.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Early recruiting is hurting this sport. My son is a freshman and being recruited by D1 schools and inside I know there are a few juniors on the HS team that are better , physically and maybe skill too , that have no offers yet. Why ? I spent a lot of money on exposure. This is hurting the HS teams. Kids don't get fair chances because of "hype" from other underclass men. When I was HS in the 80's very rare that a freshman was on varsity. It was seniors and juniors and the younger waited their turn. Now it's a rush to "pull them up".