Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
no the joke was talking about an athletic offer with a 14 year old in a sport that doesn't generate any money and that no one cares about. Let the kids grow up concentrate on their grades and then make an informed college decision with a clue. You parents pushing for professional lacrosse players are INSANE. When your kid does play in college there will be 75 people watching the games 50 parents and 25 stragglers.

We know people 2 ACL injuries later that are still pushing their kids. For what? Atthis rate they wont even be able to walk to coach their own kids in 15 years

LOL, are you sure you even enjoy the game? Some of us are actually quite rational. No one's pushing for pro lax players. In fact, most of the kids I know who are ER weren't even gunning for it. My kid still enjoys the game, has a social life, has luckily escaped injury (and trust me, it would end quickly if the injury caused any issues down the road), gets stellar marks (grades come first and if his grades start to slip, he's got a 96, buh bye lacrosse), and found himself in a very lucky for him situation. Life sucts that way sometimes. . .there are many other things that didn't work out for him without a governing body coming to his "defense." But let's make sure that Big Brother NCAA stops what at the end of the day was a very minor problem for a "sport that doesn't generate any money and that no one cares about."

You sound sane, your kid is smart, sounds like grades come first and you don't expect your kid to be a pro or better yet a fulltime summer coach so how does a well grounded school first dad think picking a college in 8th grade is good? We can argue about NCAA over reach and the fact that D1 players are at school for athletics 1st and school 2nd or that they spend 2x more time on sport than school work and why the athletes don't get paid to play etc etc but a verbal in 8th grade is too early and im glad they changed the rule