I have been following the early recruiting conversation for a while now and it appears to be a whole lot of sour grapes. For the record my child is born in May 2004 and is about to enter 7th grade, so he is on the young side. If there are holdbacks, he will be playing against kids MUCH older. To that I say -- c'est la vei. If he is good enough he will get recruited. If the college coaches take the time to look at his age one day down the road if recruited they will hopefully see he held his own or out performed against kids up to 2 years older. If not then it wouldn't matter anyway bc when he is in college, if he continued to play he would be playing against men and not boys anyway. Additionally, if there are approximately 70+ D1 teams with 45 kids per team then we are talking over 3000 potential spots. I am pretty sure that all of the recruits are not reclassified or holbacks thus ALOT of spots for the others. One final note, I do think it is pathetic if you hold back for sports wherein you hope to get a 20% (maybe more or less) scholarship when the reality of this is that you should only be hoping your kids get a great education and prepares for life AFTER lacrosse. I also do think you are doing your kid a disservice by having him "excel" against younger kids. Your child will know he is beating up on kids potentially 2 years younger and that is the only reason he excels. Just my two cents. Everyone may now return to their daily rants about holdbacks.