Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stipend??? What school is giving athletes additional money above and beyond tuition, room and board, books which is a full scholarship ?
Giving money for anything other than the above is against NCAA rules. Unless the athletes are working a job for the athletic department they can not receive any money directly written to them for any reason. Money can never go from the school directly to any athlete

Also all athletic scholarships are not guaranteed academic are. Do the work

The part about the stipend is true. My son has an athletic scholarship for a percentage of the total cost of the school. The total cost includes spending money, It's what they base the award on. Also, you are wrong about it not being guaranteed. My son's athletic scholarship is guaranteed for 4 years. This is in writing on his NLI.

Correct on all accounts. And yes full rides, all inclusive do exist. I feel people who are going through or have been through the process believe they or their kids are the best and if anyone should have been offered it should be them, therefore because their experience they did not see that offer , how can it exist? Whatever you want or need to tell yourself to feel better.