Originally Posted by Anonymous
when are college football and basketball coaches men allowed to talk to PSA. i know the answer it it is way before their junior year of high school. so title ix might have some legs here. also college basketball men have long been known to talk to AAU coaches about PSA. AAU is like club coaches. does this have legs or am i just reaching here

Same attorney here: what's the harm to a 9th grade girl for having to wait to talk to a lacrosse coach, even if a 9th grade boy can freely talk to a football coach? The same number of women lacrosse players will eventually play on the team even if there is a delay in filling the spots. Same with a club coach as go between: it's just a delay, not a reduction in the number of female student athletes that will eventually play for the team.

I don't see any harm to any lacrosse player. No one promised you that if you sent your child to all of the ID camps and prospect camps that he or she would receive a verbal commitment. You were promised absolutely nothing anyway, and now you will receive absolutely nothing until Sept 1 of junior year.

You would love to believe that, wouldn't you dad who's son had no interest now, and still won't 2 years from now. My son already spoke with his coach, yes he answered the phone and said nothing will change. In addition, my son's phone will be ringing off the hook come the first day of Jr. year while yours......? This is all very dumb!

Um, better me careful there. My son actually IS committed, a 2020, and no contact is allowed. Everything's still in place as we knew ahead of time it would be. Our club coach confirmed immediately after the rule went into effect as he had spoken with the coach just prior to the vote on Friday (in which the NCAA screwed the pooch and made it immediate). If you're son is speaking with his coach, you're in violation of NCAA new regulations. But I have a feeling you're lying. So, which is it?

No lying here. Spoke to Coach today. It was agreed that there will be no further contact till Jr year, but an email schedule was set up where we will send grades etc. Maybe your sons coach didn't really want to solidify the commitment? No rule is official until it is adopted 4/26 in case you didn't know.

You are just flat out wrong about the rule being adopted as of 4/26. Do you read at all? Effective immediately after it was passed.

Well, I know of several 2020s that have spoken to their coaches this week. Guess this whole thing will be impossible to enforce!