The PSA and club coach/HS coach can send as many emails as they want to the college coach.

The Club and HS coach can also talk to the College coach any time they want. Offers and specifics about a kid shouldn't be discussed but the HS/Club coach can say Johnny is interested in their school. The college coach can also give "general feedback" to the Club and HS coach like we like how Johnny is playing.

no serious recruiting conversations can happen until 9.1 junior year. ex. we are going to offer Johnny

this is how most are understanding the rule

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I see an issue, a current 2019's will want to send their grades (in June) to the coaches who've had their eye on them. Is the player wrong for sending the grades he is proud of, does the coach who opens the email have to worry about being in violation.

There has to be some things that are allowable.

Then again how about that 6'1" 2020 who has always worked hard to be accelerated in the STEM core courses and took HBio or HChem or HAlg2/Trig, Those classes are great barometers of a students future STEM achievements. A coach doesn't have to wait to see how that player will pan out That Freshman has the same core course as a Jr. That freshman knows where their future path lies.

Sure it is easy to say all or none, but I was taught the easy way isn't always the right way.

You can send away..The coach can look at anything he wants or recieves as long as it is not solicited prior to Sept Junior year...He just cant contact you or your coaches until Sept Junior year. Pretty simple. Look all u want....dont talk.

I am pretty sure that all of the 9th and 10th graders that are already committed know their future coaches want to see their grades. The PSA will send them, but they will not get a response from the coach. Also, if you are a top student and you want college coaches to know that, you can feel free to send anything you want. That coach will put you on their "call ASAP Junior year list" if they are interested smile This concept should not be that difficult to understand.

the concept is confusing, the difficulty is; I thought the coaches weren't supposed to have or open any communication. So how would a coach know until Sept 1 Jr yr about a kid's grades. or Are you telling me you can send emails all you want and they just cant respond. I thought that is how it already was. (except they could contact your club or HS coach).

someone please clarify this. I was told no contact etal. If you send a coach a note, does he think you are smart and diligent or extremely stupid and dont care for the rules.