Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is it, if your son is a 2020 and he is not actively talking to a D1 coach he can assume he will not be playing D1 in college. LOL, I am being sarcastic, however, my bet is there are plenty of people out there that really believe that! my kid is a decent player and I can guarantee, he won't be doing anything before 11th grade at the earliest. And no, I don't think it will hurt his chances of playing in college. I actually wholeheartedly believe it will help him. I do wish the young man that committed all the luck in the world and if he and his family feel that it is the right thing to do for him, more power to them!

Do you really think this boy said to his parents "I think it's time I commit to a college" . You know where this is coming from. I guess his travel program thought it was a good idea also. He now can skip playing travel save his money and play for the school only. I told my son today and he laughed. Just hard for me to figure this out so I might as well laugh also.. I guess this college coach will be there the next 9
Years. Lol . He must have guaranteed that to the parents. That would sell me. Thanks for the Friday night laughter that lacrosse has become.

Jelousy is alive and well, only in this sport never seen anything like it. I love it when these parents go into an explanation of why early recruiting is bad but will spend thousands of dollars on showcases and club lacrosse . The only parents who think it's bad are the ones whose kids will NEVER be recruited. Don't criticize worry about your own.

Actually you are completely wrong, my kid committed early and was good choice for him but honestly was too early. Say what you want but these early commits are doing so out of fear and nothing else. The fear comes from a couple reasons, 1) there is a fear that all the spots on a school they may want to attend will fill up fast as a result of early recruiting,2) you need to commit while your kid is at the top of their game relative to others in the age group as who knows where they will be in a few years and or maybe if the coach sees my kid play a lot more they may think he is not as good .When a top school makes you a top offer there is no way to go but down in terms of offers.
In terms of reneging on a commitment that was not really a thought for us as when you make a commitment you are giving your word and that should mean something. Always shocks me that coaches are willing to poach players as it just shows you the character of a kid and his parents when they are so willing to jump programs. (i do get it when situations change as in coach changes etc.)